I have a selection of books that I want to get to this month, as well as some that I want to read if I finish these before the month is over. This reading list is ambitious, but never underestimate the power of summer time reading, and without further ado I give you my July TBR:
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins / I’m almost finished with this. I’m liking it since it’s good for a 3-star read, but it’s a bit too predictable with the cliches for me. I have yet to actually be surprised whilst reading this. I kid you not, I have predicted every plot twist and turn this book has taken. But I still felt like I needed to read this since I’ve met the author a couple of times at conventions and she’s really nice, also I have a handful of friends in the bookish community that love these books. So at least I know what all the hype is about, though perhaps it isn’t worth all the hype that it gets.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline / I’m so glad there was a copy of this at my library and I didn’t even have to place a hold on it. Though I have a feeling I’m going to want to buy my own copy of this just so I can own it, but I’m still limiting myself from buying books until I read the ones that I have on my TBR shelf. Which naturally means I’m going to the library more… shh, I know I’m bad.
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine / I started reading an eARC of this I got from firsttoread, but it expired when I was at the 32% mark, but it was so good that I just went ahead and pre-ordered it from b&n. *whistles* You didn’t see me make a book purchase… shh. I won’t tell if you don’t.
- The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling / So much book guilt as I’ve had the hardcover sitting on my shelf since it released so I’m finally making an effort to read it. My library had an audiobook of it so I’ve been listening to it instead, which I’ve found easier to get into the story. Plus I want to read it before I watch the miniseries.
- Small as an Elephant by Jennifer Richard Jacobson / This will by my middle-grade read for the month.
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson / My book club’s read for the month. I had to put a hold on it at the library since their copy is checked out. Hopefully the hold list isn’t long. I’m going to ask the next time I’m in the library to return the books I have now.
I’ll leave it at the books that I want to read this month and then I’ll list all the books I was able to read in my wrap-up post. What about you, any books on your TBR that you have to read this month? Have you read any of these books? If yes, which one(s) and what did you think? Until next time. 🙂