Thought I’d do the Harry Potter Book Tag since I haven’t yet and it’s past overdo, especially I grew up right along with the series as the books were released. Harry Potter was a big part of my childhood. I always have fond memories of reading the books and surrounding the series as a whole. I’ve met some of my best friends just by attending LeakyCon events and being involved in multiple forums that make up the fandom. Harry Potter fans are truly the nicest and friendliest batch of nerds that are out there. I couldn’t have chosen a better fandom to be a part of. So, without further ado, let’s get this party started.
- What is your favorite Harry Potter book? I’m going to have to go with Prisoner of Azkaban because it’s the book we’re first introduced to Remus Lupin and Sirius Black (two of my favorite characters from the series). We also learn more about Harry’s dad and his friends in this book, which I enjoyed reading. This book also got me through my awkward phase in middle school as I reread it countless times. Let’s just say that my copy of PoA is literally falling a part and if I ever want to read it again (which I intend to), I’ll need to purchase another copy. But I’ll never get rid of my first copy because of the memories I have of reading it during my time in middle school as it truly acted as security blanket.
- What is your favorite movie? As much as I love Deathly Hallows Pt. 2, I’m going to have to go with Half-Blood Prince on this one. It was just so laugh out loud funny and even though a lot was left out from the book, I felt it was still a great adaption.
- What is your least favorite book in the series? This is a hard one because I love all the books so much for different reasons, but since I have to choose one that I liked the least, then I’d say Order of the Phoenix. It was just so long and drawn out, and it took forever for Harry and co. to go back to Hogwarts. The summer just felt longer than it should have been. But once they were back at Hogwarts, I loved it.
- What are some parts in the books/movies that made you cry? Basically every character death made me cry. I cried the most over the last three books (OotP, HBP, and DH) than I did when I read any of the others. The Prince’s Tale chapter in DH because I felt like we saw more of Snape and everything just fell into place. My heart definitely ached as I cried my eyes out.
- What is your favorite character in the series? Luna Lovegood. She’s just so unique and quirky. She also doesn’t care what others think of her. She flaunts her weirdness and that’s pretty dang cool.
- What would your Patronus be? Not sure… probably a dog because that’s my favorite animal. Dogs also loyal and friendly, which I’m both. Plus, Sirius/Padfoot is one of my favorite characters.
- If you could have the Resurrection Stone, Elder Wand, or Invisibility Cloak, which one would you choose? Without a doubt, I’d choose the Invisibility Cloak.
- What House would you be in? Hufflepuff. Even before Pottermore, I identified as more of a Hufflepuff than any of the other houses. The tests pre-Pottermore sorted me in both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, then Pottermore sorted me in Hufflepuff. I suppose I also relate to Ravenclaw, but I’m definitely more Hufflepuff.
- If you could meet any of the cast, who would it be? I’ve already met quite a handful of the actors that played side characters at LeakyCon events I’ve gone to (Seamus, Pansy (the actress from the last few movies, Scarlet Byrn), Luna, Percy, young Lily from DH, young Severus from DH, and the next generation actors from the epilogue at LeakyCon events I’ve attended. I’d really like to meet Daniel, Emma, and Rupert, though.
- Have you played any of the video games? Nope, though I want to.
- If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play? I’m not very good at sports, but I think I’d make a decent seeker.
- Were you happy with the ending? Epilogue not withstanding, I was satisfied with the ending. I do like the epilogue, but I feel like it was just too much like fanfiction when I first read it.
- How much does Harry Potter mean to you? It means a lot to me because as I already stated it was a big part of my childhood. It was also what nourished my love of books and reading.
And there you have it. I can finally cross the Harry Potter book tag off of my things to blog about. Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what are some things you like about the series.