liebster-2This award is given to smaller bloggers to help gain recognition and also bring the book community closer together.
The rules for the award are:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have a B.A. in English Literature with a minor in History.
- I drive a green Nissan Sentra that I’ve named Emrys (another name that Merlin goes by from the BBC show).
- I’ve never broken a single bone in my body, however I have sprained an ankle and a wrist (separate times). I’ve also had to get 12 stitches in my leg from falling on a stick when I was ten.
- I work as a Behavioral Health Teacher Assistant in a K-2nd ASD classroom.
- I babysit an autistic 5-year-old boy a few afternoons a week.
- I enjoy running and am turning into quite the distance runner.
- I love singing in my car to the radio, which is typically on 96.1 FM, but sometimes 96.9 FM.
- I’m currently on draft two of a YA contemporary novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo 2013.
- I’ve participated in NaNoWriMo every year since 2008 (only lost in 2012), but in 2013 I wrote 112k words in 30 days (don’t ask me how because I couldn’t even tell you… still baffles me to this day how I managed to write that many words in a month).
- I plan on getting my teaching certificate to be an elementary teacher (preferably 1st or 2nd grade).
- I taught myself how to read at the age of four.
What is your earliest book memory?
My dad reading Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White to my sister and I when were little.
What’s your favorite food?
Macaroni and cheese (homemade)
What is the best book you’ve read lately and why?
The Martian by Andy Weir (it’s the best hard science fiction novel that I’ve read, plus the first person perspective and dark humor tone just paints this novel in such a way that I found it entertaining from start to finish.. I was never bored).
Do you collect anything?
Collector Editions of the pocket books of classic novels.
What’s your favorite genre to read?
Science fiction and Fantasy (I love both genres for different reasons and can’t put one above the other).
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Always cheerful and smiling. It takes a lot to upset me because I don’t generally let the stress show unless there’s been so much of it that’s been piling up without being resolved.
Why do you love books and reading?
My parents always read to my sister and I before bed, which gave me a love of reading at a young age. I’d like to one day own enough books so that I have my own personal library.
Who is the smartest person you know and why?
My mom. She’s not the best at electronics, but she’s always there to help me sort out any problem I’m having. Then there’s always my dad when I need help with my car, or figuring out a new electronic device (if I can’t figure it out myself).
What is your favorite book cover?
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
Aside from necessities, what is one thing that you couldn’t go a day without?
Leo, my macbook pro.
What is your go-to book that you recommend to everyone?
Nonfiction/Memoir: Little Princes by Conor Grenan (so heart-felt and motivating)
Fiction: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Hard Science Fiction: The Martian by Andy Weir
I’m not sure if these people have been tagged or not, but I nominate:
Here’s 11 Questions to answer:
- What was the first book that really made you into a book lover?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What’s your career, or what career do you hope to land yourself into in the future?
- What’s you go-to book for when you’re feeling down?
- What snacks do you enjoy while reading?
- Do you write? If yes, what genre do you prefer?
- What’s your favorite genre to read from?
- Are you participating in NaNoWriMo?
- What’s book/series do you recommend the most?
- What’s your favorite physical activity to do to get in your exercise for the day/week?
- What’s your favorite book from your childhood?