I didn’t nearly as much reading as I would have liked this month, but I was also busy with work/babysitting/running. I started training for the half marathon I’m running on Thanksgiving this month. But I did still manage to read, which is all that counts. So long as I get some reading time, then all is well. These are the books I got to this month:
- Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson (Volume 1) – My #otspsecretsister sent me this at the end of last month and I was able to read it one evening I was home. I absolutely loved it and I needed a comic book to read because I was in a comic book mood. Kind of still am, actually. Just not sure what to read next.
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee – I’m not going to talk about this one since I’ve already posted my review for it, but I will say that it’s the best retelling/reimagining of a classic lit novel that I’ve read by far. I loved this novel so much. Everything about it was just perfect. Outstanding plotting and writing and characters, and just everything. Gah. Loved it. I can’t emphasize how phenomenal this novel is. Just read it. Now. I’m serious.
- My Year of Running Dangerously by Tom Foreman – A memoir about one man’s year of running half marathons, marathons, and an ultra marathon (50+ miles) in a year. It’s very motivational, especially if you’re a runner.
- Moon Called by Patricia Briggs – The first book in the Mercy Thompson series. It’s an urban fantasy. Mercy is a shape shifter (coyote) and there are werewolves and vampires that work with each other and against each other. It’s hard to explain without giving it all away, but it’s quite the addicting read as far as mass market paperbacks go.
- Goosebumps: The Girl Who Cried Monster by R. L. Stine – I’m planning on re-reading all of these books because I loved them so much when I was in elementary school.
- Babysitters’ Club: Claudia and the Recipe for Danger by Ann M. Martin – Ditto this series. Sometimes it’s nice to re-read some of your favorite books from your childhood.
- Never Never by Brianna Shrum – I haven’t finished this yet, but hoping to by the end of the week. I’m also not going to say anything about this one now as I’ll be posting a review after I finish it, so look for that if you’re curious about this book. I will say that I’m really enjoying it.
And that wraps up what I read in the months of September and October.