I’ve accumulated a stack of books in the past couple months that I should share. I won’t include the ebooks I bought because let’s just say there have been quite a few ebook deals that I just couldn’t pass over, especially since I had a b&n gift card to use from Christmas. I like using b&n gift cards on ebook deals because I can get more books out of it. But here are the books I bought.
- Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer – A companion to the mother-daughter duo’s first YA novel. I’m more of a fan of Jodi Picoult’s Adult Literary fiction novels, but the illustrations in the first novel were gorgeous and I’m hoping the illustrations in this companion doesn’t disappoint. I like pretty books. Also, should note that I didn’t buy this book… it was a gift from my #otspsecretsister for this round.
- The Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells – Bought the Signet Classic edition half off at Chamberlains Book Mine. I actually haven’t read this one, and I love H. G. Wells, but that’ll be changing.
- The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales by Edgar Allan Poe – One of my favorite poets and I couldn’t pass up this Signet Classic edition I bought at Chamberlains Book Mine.
- Fools Assassin by Robin Hobb (Book 1 in The Fitz and the Fool Trilogy) – I’ve heard so much good things about this trilogy that I can’t wait to dive in.
- Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris – This was a bargain find at Books-a-Million (I love their bargain section, especially of adult fiction and memoirs, because there are so many bargain priced books, even hardcovers). I already started this one and am loving it.
- Common Threads by S. F. Herrin – A self-published paperback for a Georgia author that my mom bought for me when she went on a train trip with some of her friends recently. I’m usually hesitant to dive into self-published novels because I haven’t had the best of luck at finding well written self-pubs.
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (aka J. K. Rowling) – The sequel that follows The Cuckoo’s Calling. I’m hoping I enjoy this one more than I did the first, though I did like The Cuckoo’s Calling. It just wasn’t what I was expecting… I’m picky when it comes to detective/mystery novels. I am a bit peeved because I bought the paperback new at Chamberlains Book Mine the day before I saw the hardcover was on sale for $7 in Books-a-Million, but it is what it is, I suppose. *shrugs off disappointment*
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl – Found this gem in the bargain bin at b&n (and it was the hardcover!). I bought this for my sister last year and I’ve been on the look out for when it would land in the bargain section for myself because I love novels written in different formats and this one is written using different forms of mixed media. I just like uniquely written novels.
That’s eight books I’ve bought in the last couple months… I’m embarrassed, yet shameless. I love books and I love adding to my ever-expanding collection. That’s not going to change anytime soon. Though I think I may just focus on reading some of these books before I buy anymore. I say this, but just watch me buy more books. I can’t pass up a good bargain book sale. It’s just impossible. Just like it’s impossible to stay out of a bookstore for longer than a week.